Cook time5 minutes
- 2-1/2 lb of fresh Strawberries, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup of Water
- Juice of 1/2 of a Lemon (1 lemon if it is small)
1) In a small saucepan, add the sugar and water and cook on medium until the sugar melts, set aside to cool slightly.
2) Working in batches, add half of the strawberries, half of the sugar mixture and some of the lemon juice, puree until smooth. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
3) Pour the mixture into a container with a tight fitting lid and pop it in the fridge overnight. At this point, make sure the insert to your ice cream machine goes in the freezer, it needs about 24 hours to freeze properly.
4) Freeze the sorbet in your ice cream machine and enjoy!