Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 774
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 6 to 8Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 4 mins
2 oz of Thin Rice noodles, cooked and rinsed according to package instructions
6 or 8 (depending on the size) Large Rice Paper Rounds
1 Red Bell Pepper Thinly Sliced
1/2 of a Cucumber, sliced into thin matchsticks
5 Green Onions, thinly sliced into matchsticks
1 Carrot, peeled and shredded
1/4 cup of Chopped Cilantro
1/4 cup of Chopped Mint
2 Tbsp of Canola Oil
3 Tbsp of Rice Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp of Lime Juice
1 tsp of Sugar
1 Tbsp of Soy Sauce or Fish Sauce
1 Clove of Garlic, finely minced
1 tsp of Grated Ginger
1) In a small bowl, whisk together the canola oil, sugar, lime juice, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger, set aside.
2) In a large bowl, add cooked rice noodles, bell pepper strips, cucumber, green onions, shredded carrot, cilantro and mint. Pour dressing over noodles and veggies, toss everything together and allow them to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
3) Fill a shallow bowl with hot water and dampen a lint free kitchen towel well under water and make sure to squeeze out any excess water.
4) Place the kitchen towel on your work surface, dip each piece of rice paper in the hot water (keep it in the hot water until it softens but be careful not to tear it) then place the pliable rice paper on the damp kitchen towel.
5) Add some of the veggies and noodle mixture on one side of the rice paper (the side closest to you) and wrap it like a burrito.
6) Cut in half and serve right away or place them on a tighlty sealed container, making sure to cover the actual rolls with a piece of damp paper towel to keep them from drying out.