Cook time minutes
- 1/3 cup Medium Coarse Corn Meal
- 1/3 cup Superfine Corn Meal
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 ½ cup of Creamed Style Corn
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Softened Butter
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a medium bowl cream together the superfine corn meal , butter and creamed corn until well mixed.
3) In another medium bowl beat together the water, coarse corn meal, heavy cream, sugar, salt and baking powder until well combined but( DO NOT OVERMIX or else your corn cake will come out very dry and dense)
4) Add the creamed corn mixture into the coarse corn meal mixture and stir just to combine but remember not to over mix. Pour into an ungreased 8 by 8 inch baking pan cover with aluminum foil.
5) Place pan into a larger deep baking pan and pour hot water half way up the side of the pan. Bake in a preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
6) Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before serving. Use a spoon or ice cream scoop for easy serving.