Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 689
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6 to 8Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
1-1/2 lbs Sweet Potatoes
1/2 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes (or any other white potato)
1 cup of Parmiggiano
1-1/2 to 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
2 Egg Yolks
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter
10 leaves or so of Fresh Sage
Freshly Grated Parmiggiano to taste
Black Pepper to taste
1) Lay two baking sheets with lint free kitchen towels, sprinkle flour all over and set aside.
2) Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until they are super tender and cooked through. Mash very well with either a potato masher or a potato ricer.
3) On your work surface, mix together the cooked potatoes, flour, egg yolks, Parmiggiano and salt and knead it for 4 to 5 minutes or until the dough comes together and itís very soft and smooth.
4) Tear about a golf ball size piece of dough and roll it out into a 3/4 inch thick rope. Cut little pieces about 3/4 of an inch thick and roll them either on a gnocchi board or on a fork.
5) Lay all of your gnocchi on your prepared baking sheets and allow them to sit out and dry out for about an hour.
6) When ready to serve, cook them in salted boiling water for just a couple minutes or until they float to the surface. Drain and toss with the butter sauce.
To make the sauce:
1) In a large deep skillet, melt the butter over about medium heat, add the sage and let them come together for about a minute.
2) Toss the gnocchi with the butter sauce and plenty or Parmiggiano.