Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 698
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4-6, depending on appetitePrep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
2 Large Bunches of Red Chard, washed, dried and ribs removed
12 oz of Short Cut Pasta
1 Large Yellow Onion
4 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1/3 cup of White Wine
3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
1/2 cup or more of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
1) Fill a pot with water, sprinkle in a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, cook the onion in the olive oil over meium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the onion caramelizes and cooks down a bit.
3) Add the chopped ribs of chard, season slightly with salt and pepper and cover the skillet with a lid. Allow the ribs of the chard to cook for about 5 minutes or until they are half way cooked. This is the point where you add the pasta to the boiling water, cook according to package instructions and drain. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water. Place the drained pasta back in the large pot and set aside.
4) Add the chopped leaves of chard to the onion mixture and cover the skillet with a lid to help the greens wilt faster.
5) Add the garlic, season the greens lightly with a touch of salt and pepper and cook the garlic for about a minute.
6) Turn the heat up to medium high, add the wine and allow it to reduce for about a minute, add the starchy cooking water and allow it to cook for about 2 minutes.
7) Add the butter and stir it around until itís all melted, add the sauce to the pot with the drained pasta, add the parmiggiano and stir everything together to combine.
8) Serve right away!