Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 711
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
1/3 cup of Soy Sauce
1/3 cup of Water
1 Clove of Garlic, minced
1 Tsp of Grated Ginger
2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp of Mirin
1/4 tsp of Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp of Cornstarch
1 Tbsp of Water
4 Salmon Fillets, about 6oz each
1) In a saucepan, add the soy sauce, 1/4 cup of water, mirin, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic, and simmer until the brown sugar dissolves.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the 1 Tbsp of water and cornstarch and add it to the simmering sauce. Allow it to thicken, turn the heat off and let it come to room temperature.
3) Place the salmon fillets in a shallow dish or a large resealable bag and pour the sauce right over, make sure to flip the salmon around a couple times to coat the salmon.
4) Cover and allow the salmon to marinate for a couple hours in the fridge.
5) When ready to cook, preheat a non stick skillet over medium high heat, get the salmon out of the marinade but make sure to shake off excess marinade (reserve the marinade) and place the salmon in the hot skillet.
6) Allow the salmon to cook for about 1 minute on medium high, then turn the heat down to medium low, cover the skillet with a lid and allow the salmon to cook for a few minutes on each side or until the salmon is almost fully cooked.
7) At the last couple minutes of the salmon cooking, pour the reserved marinade in the skillet and let it cook for the last couple minutes.
8) Serve along side some steamed rice and veggies and pour the sauce over salmon.