Cook time10 minutes
ServingsMakes 4 Burgers
- 1-1/2 lb of Ground Beef
- 4 oz of Mild Green Chilies
- 1 Tbsp of Taco Seasoning such as chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic, onion and paprika
- Salt to taste
- 4 Slices or so of Cheddar or Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Avocado, halved, pit removed and avocado sliced
- ¼ of a Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh Cilantro, optional
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- 4 Burger Buns, split
1) In a bowl, add the ground beef, the mild green chilies, taco seasoning and salt, mix to combine well, divide the mixture into equal pieces and form into burger patties, set them aside.
2) Preheat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat until smoky (I preheat mine for about 5 minutes) then add the patties, reduce the heat down a little (between medium and medium high is the perfect temperature) and cook the burgers for about 4 and half minutes on each side.
3) Top the burgers with the cheese, loosely tent them with some foil and allow the cheese to melt.
4) Assemble the burgers to your liking, I love topping these with some tomatoes, a few thin slices of avocado, some cilantro, a tiny sprinkle of salt and a squeeze of lime juice.