Cook time35 minutes
- 3 cups Cubed Butternut squash
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- Few Leaves of Fresh Sage
- 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 8.8 oz Bag of Three Cheese Tortellini
- 5 cups of Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Add the olive oil in in a large saucepan and preheat it over medium heat. Add the shallot and butternut squash with a pinch of salt and pepper and saute until the veggies develop some color.
2) Add the stock and sage, bring to a boil and simmer for around 25 minutes or until the butternut squash is tender. Once the squash is tender, mash it up a bit with a wooden spoon. This helps create a creamy sauce.
3) Add the tortellini and simmer for around 10 to 12 minutes (check the packaging for your tortellini to see how long it needs to cook) or until the tortellini is tender.
4) Remove the sage, add the cream and parmigiano and adjust the seasoning to taste.
5) Allow everything to bubble away together for about a minute and serve!