Cook time2 hours 0 minutes
- 1-1/4 pound of Ground Turkey
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 14oz can of Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14oz can of Corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 28oz can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 Bottle of Beer
- 4 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 2 cups of Beef or Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp of Ground Chili Powder
- 1 tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat and add the ground turkey. Break up the turkey as much as possible with a wooden spoon, season it with a small pinch of salt and pepper and allow it to cook until itís cooked about half way cooked through.
2) Add the onion, pepper, jalapeno and garlic, add another pinch of salt and pepper and allow everything to cook together until the veggies soften and develop a bit of color.
3) Add the tomato paste and stir it in well, add the chili powder, cumin, oregano and brown sugar and give everything a good mix so that your mixture is well covered with the spices.
4) Add the beer and stir it in making sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the pan to loosen up and brown bits.
5) Add the canned tomatoes, corn, beans and stock, bring to a boil, partially cover the pot with a lid and allow the chili to simmer on medium low for a couple hours or until it has thickened beautifully!
6) Adjust the seasoning according to taste and enjoy!