Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 485
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 8Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 hrs 15 mins
4 Large Russet Potatoes, washed, scrubbed and dried
4 Slices of Bacon, chopped
½ cup of Sour Cream
3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
About 1/2 cup of Whole Milk
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 ½ cups of Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar
¼ cup of Sliced Green Onions
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake the potatoes for 1 hour or until tender and cooked through.
2) Allow the potatoes to cool slightly, cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the flesh, place in a bowl.
3) In a small pot, warm together the milk and butter until the butter is melted and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
4) Pour mixture over the potatoes along with the sour cream, salt and pepper. Mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy, fold in the green onions, half a cup of the cheese and cooked bacon pieces.
5) Scoop the potato mixture inside each half of potatoes. Top with the remaining cheese and bake them for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.