Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- 1 Sheet Store-Bought Puff Pastry, thawed
- 2 Large Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 Large Onion, diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, diced
- 1 Potato, peeled and diced
- 3 cups of Butternut Squash Cubed
- 2 cups of Cremini Mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 Yukon Gold Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 Parsnip, peeled and diced
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup Frozen Pearl Onions, thawed
- 1 cup Frozen Peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten with 1 tbsp of water to make egg wash
1) In a large pot, add the oil and preheat it over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, mushrooms, carrots and celery season lightly with salt and pepper and cook them for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the veggies cook down a bit. Add the potatoes, sweet potatoes and butternut squash and cook for one more minute.
2) Add the butter and stir until it melts, then add the flour and mix everything together with the veggies and poultry seasoning to make sure the roux is coating everything and let it cook for about 1 minute so that the roux doesn’t taste gluey.
3) Add the vegetable stock and bring it to a boil, let it cook for about 15 minutes. Add the heavy cream, peas, pearl onions and season with salt and pepper to taste, let it cook for about 5 more minutes, meanwhile preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
4) Grease a large baking dish and set aside. Roll out the puff pastry onto a lightly floured boars using your baking dish as a guide.
5) Place the filling in your prepared baking dish and place the piece of puff pastry over the top. Tuck in the sides and make a little slash mark on top of the pastry.
6) Brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
7) Bake the pot pie for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Allow to cool a bit and serve!