Cook time4 hours 0 minutes
ServingsMakes about 20 cups
- 2 Yellow Onions, quartered but not peeled
- 4 Carrots, roughly chopped but not peeled
- 4 Stalks of Celery, roughly chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, halved
- 6 Cloves of garlic, not peeled and left whole
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Small handful of Parsley
- Few Peppercorns
- Healthy Pinch of Salt
- 1 Small Dry Bay Leaf
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, add the veggies onto a baking sheet, toss with some oil and salt and roast the veggies for 25 minutes.
2) Add the roasted veggies to a large pot along with the parsley, peppercorns and bay leaf and 20 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat down to as low as possible, pop a lid on the pot and slowly simmer for about 3 to 4 hours.
3) Allow to cool before straining and storing.