Cook time minutes
- 1 14oz Can Black Beans
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Cooked Quinoa
- ½ cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- ¼ cup of Fresh Cilantro
- ¼ Red Bell Pepper
- 3 Tbsp of Red Onion
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Small Zucchini, grated and squeezed dry of any liquid
- 1 1/2 cup of Mushrooms
- Lettuce, Tomatoes and Avocados for topping (any topping of your choice)
- Burger Buns
1) In the bowl of a food processor, add the onion and bell pepper and pulse until it’s all finely chopped.
2) Preheat a small saucepan with a couple tsp of olive oil, add the pepper and onion mixture and cook it for just about 2 minutes, turn the heat off.
3) In the same bowl of the food processor, add the beans and pulse them until they are mostly a paste but still have some texture, place them in a large bowl.
4) Add the mushrooms and cilantro in that same bowl and pulse until the mushrooms and cilantro are finely chopped but not a paste, add them to the same bowl as the beans.
5) To the bowl with the bean mixture, add the onion and pepper mixture, the quinoa, egg, taco seasoning and zucchini, mix together well (if you feel like you need more bread crumbs, add more) , cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or longer.
6) Add about 3 Tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and bring it up to temperature on medium high heat.
7) Using a ½ cup measuring cup, scoop out your mixture and form them into patties using wet hands, place them in the skillet and cook them for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until deeply golden brown, let them cool a bit before serving.
Note: You will need to cook these in batches and you will need to add more oil with every batch.