Cook time minutes
- 4 cups of Béchamel Sauce
- 1 lb of Penne Pasta, The Pasta i am using in this video was sent to me by my friends at Olio2Go.com and it's thePastifico Vicidomini Penne e Ziti Rigati
- 2 Medium Zucchini, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 4 cups of Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Big Handfuls of Fresh Baby Spinach, washed and dried
- 2 Cups of fresh Grated Mozzarella
- ½ Cup of Fresh Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water and sprinkle in a generous pinch of salt. Bring to boil and add the pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
Preheat the broiler to high.
2) In a large non stick skillet over medium high heat, add the garlic and olive oil. Cook together until the garlic starts to brown and is fragrant. Add the zucchini and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes or until the veggies start to cook down and start to develop a nice golden brown color.
3) Drain the pasta and add it back into the hot pot. Add the sautéed veggies, spinach and about 3 cups of the béchamel to the pasta. Stir everything together until the béchamel is coating every piece of pasta. Add half of each kind of cheese and mix all together.
4) Place in a casserole dish and top it with the remaining sauce and cheeses. Pop it under the broiler just until the top is golden brown and bubbly.