Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 754
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4-6, depending on slice sizePrep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
1 9” Homemade or Store Bought Pie Crust
5 Asparagus Spears, trimmed and diced
1/4 cup of Fresh Shelled Peas
1/2 of a Yellow Squash, diced
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 tsp of Herbs de Provence
1/2 cups of Heavy Cream
1/2 cup of Grated Gryere Cheese
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a skillet over medium high heat, preheat the olive oil and get it nice and hot. Add the chopped asparagus and yellow squash, season with the herbs de provence and salt and pepper to taste. Allow the veggies to cook for only about 4 to 5 minutes at most.
2) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, spray a 9” tart pan with non stick cooking spray and place it on a baking sheet.
3) Place the pie crust in your tart pan and fit it so its all set in there, remove the extra crust and place a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the crust and pour in some dry beans or dried rice. Bake it for 10 minutes.
4) Remove from the oven and lift off the parchment paper with the dried beans in it. Put the crust back in the oven and let it bake it for another 10 to 15 minutes or so or until lightly golden.
5) In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and salt and pepper, stir in the cooked veggies and the fresh peas. Pour it in the cooked pie crust and top it with the cheese.
6) Bake it for about 25 minutes or until the eggs are pretty much set. Let it cool for a few minutes before you cut into it.