Cook time50 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 1 Small Head of Cabbage, chopped and core removed
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of Rice (I use risotto rice called arborio)
- 5 cups of Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large pot over medium heat, add the oil and onion and saute until the onions become translucent, add the cabbage and saute for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the cabbage has wilted quite a bit.
2) Add the rice, stir it around with the cabbage for a couple minutes, add the stock, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, partially cover the pot with a lid and cook for about 25 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
3) Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir in the parmiggiano and dig in right away!