Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 720
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
4oz of White Chocolate
1 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
1 Egg Yolk
1 Egg White
1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
Fresh Raspberries or Strawberries, slightly mashed for serving
Fresh Mint, for serving
1) In a bowl, whisk the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks, set in the fridge while you work on the rest of the recipe.
2) In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes or until it becomes thick and pale in color and the sugar dissolves, set aside.
3) In a small saucepan, add about an inch of water and bring it to a simmer. Place a small bowl over the saucepan and add the chocolate and butter and over very low heat, cook everything together just until the chocolate melts.
4) Spoon 1/4 of the chocolate into the egg yolk mixture and mix it just enough to combine. Pour the egg yolk mixture back into the small bowl over the simmering water in the saucepan with the remaining chocolate mixture, add the vanilla extract and stirring constantly, cook over low heat just a minute or until the mixture warms through. Let it cool for a few minutes stirring frequently.
5) In a small bowl, whisk the egg white until it forms stiff peaks. Fold the egg white in the cooled chocolate mixture.
6) Fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped heavy cream being careful not to over mix otherwise the heavy cream will lose its texture.
7) Add some of the mashed berries in the bottom of your serving dish and top that with the chocolate mousse. Allow them to sit in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
NOTE: This recipe makes either 2 large serving or 4 smaller ones. Since this is pretty rich, I suggest a smaller serving.