Cook time minutes
- 1 Small Onion, minced
- ¼ cup of Diced Celery
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 cup of Arborio Rice
- ¾ cup of White Wine
- 41/2 to 5 cups of Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- ½ cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- 3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
1) Preheat a large skillet with high sides over medium heat, cook the onions, celery and garlic in the olive oil for 5 to 7 minutes or until translucent. Add the rice and coat it in the oil, let it cook for about a minute.
2) Add the wine and allow it to reduce for about a minute as well. Add a ladle full of the simmering chicken broth to the rice, stir constantly and continue to add the broth one ladle full at a time making sure to wait until the rice has soaked it all up before adding in another. Continue cooking the rice this way for about 18 minutes or until the rice is about 5 minutes away from being fully cooked.
3) When the rice is just about fully cooked, add in one more ladle full of chicken broth and season with salt and pepper. Add in the parmiggiano and butter, turn the heat off and place a lid on the pan. Let it sit for 5 minutes covered. Scatter over the chopped parsley and serve immediately!