Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 512
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6Prep time: 10 mins
For the Vinaigrette:
½ cup of Kalamata Olives, pitted
1 Tbsp of Capers
2 Tbsp of Parsley
1 Scallion, trimmed
Juice of One Lemon
¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the salad:
One Bunch of Escarole, washed, tried and chopped
1 Small Radicchio, washed and chopped
For the Bruschetta:
12 slices of Baguette
8oz of Fresh Ricotta
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Zest and Juice of one small Lemon
One or two Cloves of Garlic cut in half
To make the dressing:
1) In a small food processor, add the olives, capers, parsley, scallion, lemon and black pepper. With the motor running, add in the oil and mix until well combined.
2) For the bruschetta, toast the baguette slices either on a bruschetta toaster or grill pan.
3) Rub one side with the cut clove of garlic.
4) In a small bowl add the lemon zest, ricotta, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix it all together well.
5) Spread each bruschetta with the ricotta mixture and drizzle the top with some good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
6) As you are ready to serve, dress your greens with the dressing, and serve it along side the bruschetta. Brilliant first course!