Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 332
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6 to 8
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
2 Carrots, peeled and diced
2 Stalks of celery, diced
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Large Onion, diced
4 oz Pancetta, diced
2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cups of Diced Butternut Squash (make sure itís been peeled)
2 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
1 14oz can of Diced Tomatoes
1 Bunch of Swiss Chard, washed, trimmed and chopped
1 14 oz can of Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
1 Sprig of Fresh Rosemary
1 Bay Leaf
2 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley, Chopped
Ĺ cup of Ditalini Pasta, or any other short cut pasta
4 cups of Beef Stock
Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
1) In a large pot, add the olive oil and preheat it over medium high heat. Add the pancetta and cook it for a few minutes or until itís browned and slightly crispy, remove it with a slotted spoon onto a plate and set aide.
2) In the same pan, add in the chopped onions, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, butternut squash and garlic and season lightly with salt and pepper, cook for about 7 to 10 minutes or until the veggies develop a golden brown color. Add the swqiss chard and cook it for another 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook it for 30 seconds stirring it in well.
3) Add the beef stock, cannelini beans, rosemary and diced tomatoes and let the mixture come to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium and let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
4) After 45 minutes, increase the heat to medium high and let it come to a rolling boil, add the pasta and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the pasta is fully cooked.
5) Add in the fresh parsley and season a bit more with salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls and top it with a good grating of parmiggiano reggiano. Enjoy!