Cook time6 minutes
- 4 Large Egg Yolks
- 4 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 4 Tbsp of Liqueur of your choice, I like to use either Marsala or Grand Marnier
1) Fill a medium saucepan with about 2” of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
2) In a large bowl, using a hand held electric whisk, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture becomes thick and pale, about 3 minutes, add the liqueur, whisk it in the egg yolk mixture, then place the bowl over the saucepan and continue to whisk as the mixture cooks and thickens, this will take about 5 to 6 minutes.
3) Pour the mixture into your serving cups and serve right away! I like adding raspberries to mine when I use grand marnier for a lovely bright burst of flavor. Serve these with some biscotti and you will make anyone you serve these to smile with pleasure :)