Cook time20 minutes
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- ½ tsp of Baking Soda
- ½ tsp of Salt
- ¾ cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ cup of Milk
- 4 Chai Tea Bags
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup of Chopped Walnuts, toastedFor the Frosting:
- 3 ounces of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 ¼ cup of Confectioner Sugar
- 3 or so Tbsp of Milk
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line 2 muffin tin with 18 liners and set aside.
2) In a small saucepan, add the milk and bring it to a simmer, turn the heat off and add the tea bags, allow it to steep for 5 minutes.
3) Squeeze out the tea bags and discard.
4) In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice, set aside.
5) In a small bowl, add the walnuts and ½ cup of the dry ingredients, toss the walnuts around to make sure they are all coated in the dry mixture.
6) In another large bowl, using a hand held electric mixer, whisk together the sugar, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
7) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and continue to mix with your mixer wile streaming in the chai tea milk mixture. Fold in the walnuts and mix through just until they are evenly distributed.
8) Divide the batter evenly among-st the lined muffin tins and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. Cool completely on a wire rack.
To make the frosting:
9) In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, cream cheese, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice until creamy. Add the powdered sugar and 1 tsp of milk at a time until you get the desired consistency for a runny glaze.
10) Drizzle over each once and enjoy!
Report a problem