Cook time45 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 2 lb of Thick Cut Chicken Breast
- 1-1/2 cups of Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Water
1) In a saucepan big enough to hold the chicken somewhat tightly, add the water, salsa and oil and bring to a boil.
2) Add the chicken to the boiling mixture, cover the pot with a lid, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender and falling apart when poked with a fork.
3) Shred the chicken, place it in a container, drizzle some of the broth over it to keep it moist then once it has cooled completely, cover with a lid and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
NOTE: Keep the flavorful broth to make a quick soup or to cook some rice in.
Report a problem