Cook time20 minutes
- 2 14.5 Cans of Butter Beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of White Miso
- 2 tsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp of Chili Paste of choice (or a pinch of hot pepper flakes)
- 1 1/2 cups of Water
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- 1 Small bunch of Kale, trimmed off the stem, washed and roughly chopped
1) In a shallow Dutch oven (or large skillet with high sides) add the garlic and olive oil, sizzle until fragrant and the shallots and garlic have cooked down a bit, stir in the chili paste, followed by the beans, water, miso and soy.
2) Partially cover the pan with a lid, lower the heat to medium low and simmer for about 10 minutes, then add the kale, cook uncovered until most of the liquid has absorbed, then serve either as is, or with seared shrimp (watch video to see how I did this) or grilled tofu or soft boiled eggs. Perfection!
Report a problem