Cook time30 minutes
- 8 oz of Rotini or Medium cut pasta of choice
- 4 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 1 Zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of Frozen Peas
- Freshly Grated Parmigiano
- Touch of Lemon Zest
- Fresh Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Balls of Burrata
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large shallow Dutch oven, add the olive oil and shallots, cook over medium heart for a few minutes, stir in the garlic, cook one more minute then add the asparagus and zucchini, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 10 minutes (increase the heat between medium and medium high).
3) While the zucchini mixture cooks, add the pasta to the boiling water, cook a couple minutes shy of al dente and t the last minute, add the peas in as well and before you drain, reserve about 3/4 cup of pasta cooking water.
4) Add the tomatoes to the sauce along with a touch of lemon zest, then add the pasta and peas, a splash of the cooking water and lots of basil and parm, cook all together for a couple minutes then serve with some burrata.
Report a problem