Cook time20 minutes
- 1 10 inch Pie crust (9 inch will work fine as well)
- 1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup of Ground Almonds
- 1/2 tsp of Lemon Zest
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 tsp of Flour
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 Small Apple, peeled and diced
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, grease a mini muffin tin and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, using an electric whisk, cream together the butter and sugar, add the egg, vanilla and lemon zest and whisk until the mixture becomes thick, about 2 minutes, add the ground almonds, flour and salt and mix until combined.
3) Roll out the pastry on your work surface, smear the almond mixture all over the surface of the crust, sprinkle the diced apples evenly and cut the the pie crust in half lengthwise.
4) Roll each half tightly (as tight as you can) then cut each roll into 12 equal pieces. Place the cut pieces in the prepared pan, pop them in the oven and bake them for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Report a problem