Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10
For the Base:
- 2 cups of Amaretti Cookie Crumbs (about 8oz of cookies)
- 2 Tbsp of Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Melted ButterFilling:
- 2 8oz Packages of Cream Cheese
- 2 8oz Containers of Mascarpone
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Paste or Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of Amaretto Liqueur
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp of Flour
- 1/2 tsp of SaltFor the Topping:
- 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp of Powdered Sugar
- ¼ tsp of Almond Extract
- ¼ cup of Toasted Almonds
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, spray a 9” springform pan with non stick spray and set aside.
2) In a bowl (or in the bowl of your food processor after you’ve crumbled the cookies) add the crumbs, butter and sugar and mix until the mixture resembles wet sand.
3) Press the cookie mixture in the bottom and 1” up the sides of the springform pan and set aside.
4) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the cream cheese and mascarpone for about a minute.
5) Add the sugar and continue to mix for one minute longer.
6) Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix on medium speed for one minute making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl on between adding each ingredient.
7) Add the flour, salt and amaretto and mix for one last minute.
8) Pour the mixture into your pan and tap it on the counter a couple times to remove any air bubbles.
9) Place the pan on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven to bake for about one hour and 10 minutes or until the sides of the cheesecake are set but the center is still a bit wobbly.
10) Allow it to cool at room temperature for a few hours then pop it in the fridge to cool overnight.
11) When ready to serve, whip some whipped cream in a large bowl with the almond extract to soft peaks, add the powdered sugar and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form.
12) Top the cheesecake with the whipped cream and scatter some toasted almonds all over the top.
Report a problem