Cook time10 minutes
For the semifreddo:
- 7 Egg Yolks
- ⅔ cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 ½ cups of Heavy Cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- ¼ cup of Amaretto LiquorFor the caramel:
- ¼ cup of Caramel Sauce
- 1 Tbsp of Amaretto
1) Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks using a handheld electric whisk and set aside. Lay an 8x4” loaf pan with a couple pieces of plastic wrap making sure the plastic wrap is overhanging by a couple inches on all sides, set that aside.
2) Fill a saucepan with about 2” of water, bring to a boil. In a large bowl (make sure the bowl fits perfectly on the saucepan) add the egg yolks, sugar and salt and whisk until the mixture becomes thick and pale in color, about 3 minutes, then place the bowl on the saucepan and continue to whisk and cook the egg yolk mixture for about 10 minutes
3) Add the amaretto and vanilla, whisk it in, then strain the mixture through a fine sieve.
4) Fold the whipped cream in the custard, pour mixture in your prepared pan, fold the sides of the plastic wrap over to cover the top and pop it in the freezer overnight.
5) When you’re ready to serve, heat up the caramel sauce with the amaretto just until it becomes runny and warms through, drizzle it over the ice cream and top with toasted almonds.
Report a problem