Cook time25 minutes
- 2 Sheets of Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed
- 8 oz of Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 Egg yolks
- 6 Tbsp of Sugar
- 1/4 tap of Salt
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup of Apple Butter
- 1 Egg beaten with a tablespoon of water or milk
- 1 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
1) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a small bowl, make the eggwash by beating together the egg with a bit of milk or water and set that aside as well.
2) In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, salt and egg yolks until creamy and well combined, set aside.
3) On a very lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry so it's an inch bigger on all sides, cut into 4 squares, add 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese filling in the center of each one followed by 2 Tbsp of the apple butter, brush the egg wash on the edges and seal the opposite corners together to form a little pocket.
4) Brush the tops and sides with the eggwash, sprinkle a bit of sugar and freeze them for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
5) Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until deeply golden and puffed, sprinkle with some powdered sugar and enjoy!
Report a problem