Cook time25 minutes
- 1 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup of Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- ½ cup of Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup of Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Grated Apples, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp Orange ZestFor the Topping:
- ¼ cup of Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp of Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp of Cold Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ cup of Chopped Walnuts
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with some liners and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon, set aside.
3) In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, add the eggs and vanilla and whisk them together until combined.
4) Whisk in the yogurt, shredded apples and orange zest, add the dry ingredients along with the milk (add a bit more milk if you feel like the batter is too thick).
5) Using an ice cream scoop divide your batter evenly in the lined muffin tin and set aside.
6) To make the topping, in a different bowl, add both kinds of sugar, the flour, and butter. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter in the sugar mixture until it’s in smaller pieces, toss in the walnuts and stir everything together to combine.
7) Add a spoonful of the mixture on top of each muffin, bake them for about 20 to 24 minutes or until fully cooked through.
Report a problem