Cook time25 minutes
ServingsMakes a couple dozen
For the crust:
- 2-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of Cold Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of Cream Cheese, cold straight from the fridge
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 6 to 7 Tbsp of Ice Cold Water
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- 2 lb of Apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Flour
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- Eggwash (one egg beaten with a touch of milk or water)
1) In a food processor, add pretty much all the ingredients for the crust except the water, once the butter and cream cheese are well incorporated, then while pulsing add the water one tablespoon at a time or until the dough comes together.
2) Dump the dough on a lightly floured surface, split in half, form each one into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and pop them in the fridge for about 45 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, take the apples and cook them in the butter for just a couple of minutes to soften slightly, remove them to a large bowl and let them rest and cool.
4) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
5) To the apples, add the sugar, flour and cinnamon and toss together well, set them aside while you roll out your dough.
6) Roll each disk of dough on a lightly floured surface (make sure itís not too thin) and using a 5 inch round cutter, cut out circles (regroup all the scraps of dough until you run out) and place a little apple filling to one side of the circle, brush the edges with some eggwash, seal the edges with a fork to seal and then place them on your prepared baking sheet.
7) Continue with the rest, once youíre all done, make a little slit on top of each one (to help steam escape) then brush all the tops with some more eggwash and pop them in the oven to bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown, allow them to cool before dusting with powdered sugar and serving.
Report a problem