Cook time50 minutes
For the batter:
- 1-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup of Milk (you might need a bit more if the mixture is too thick)
- 2 tsp of Vanilla ExtractFor the Filling:
- 2 Medium apples ( I use Honeycrisp) peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup of Apple ButterFor the Topping:
- 1/4 cup of Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Cold Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with some non-stick spray and lay the bottom with some parchment paper, set aside.
2) In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt and set it aside.
3) In a large bowl, using a handheld electric whisk, cream together the butter and sugar for a couple of minutes, then add the eggs and vanilla and whisk for an additional minute.
4) Add the dry ingredients along with the milk, whisk just until your batter comes together then set it aside.
5) In a bowl, stir together the diced apples with the apple butter and set that aside as well.
6) Lastly, make the topping. In a bowl, add all of the ingredients for the topping and using a pastry cutter (or two forks) mix it together cutting the butter into tiny pieces that are well distributed throughout.
7) Pour half of the cake batter in your prepared pan, then spoon half of the apple mixture (push them in the batter a bit) followed by the remaining batter, remaining apples and finally finished off with the streusel topping.
8) Bake for about 50 minutes to an hour then allow it to come to room temperature before serving.
Report a problem