Cook time45 minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10, depending on the size
For the cake:
- 2-1/4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/4 cup of Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp of Orange Zest
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp of Vanilla ExtractFor the Crumb Topping:
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp of Cold Unsalted Butter
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13” baking pan with non stick spray and set aside.
2) In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda, set aside.
3) In a small bowl, toss the diced apples with about 1/2 cup of the dry mixture and set that aside as well.
4) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar, add the vanilla, orange zest and eggs and mix until smooth.
5) Add the milk along with the dry ingredients and mix just long enough to combine, add the apple mixture and mix that in for just a few seconds. Pour the batter in your prepared pan and set aside.
9) In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the crumb topping, and using either a pastry cutter or a fork, mix together making sure you're cutting the butter into the dry mixture.
10) Sprinkle this topping all over the batter, pop it in the oven to bake for about 45 minutes to an hour or until it’s fully cooked through.
Allow to cool before serving.
Report a problem