Cook time40 minutes
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry, thawed
- 3 Medium Honeycrisp Apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp of Cornstarch mixed with 1 Tbsp of Water
- 1 Egg Beaten with 1 Tbsp of Water or Milk
- 1 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
1) In a small skillet, add the butter, allow to melt over medium heat then add the sugar, apples and cinnamon, cook everything together for 10 minutes or until the apples soften, add the cornstarch slurry, salt and vanilla, cook one minute then remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
2) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3) Roll your sheet of puff pastry on a very lightly floured surface so it's about an inch bigger on all sides, add the apples in the center (lengthwise) brush the sides with the egg wash, fold them over the apples, pinch the seams and edges, flip over so the seam is underneath and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
4) Make some slits along the center, on the top, brush all over with the egg wash, sprinkle over the granulated sugar and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until deeply golden brown, allow to cool, dust with powdered sugar and serve!
Report a problem