Cook time35 minutes
- 3 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- Zest of Half of an Orange
- ½ cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of Flour
- 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- 2 Sheets of Puff Pastry, thawed
- Egg Wash. (One egg beaten with 1 Tbsp of water or milk)
- Some Raw Sugar, for topping
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, add the butter and let it melt. Add the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and orange zest and cook them all together on medium heat for about 7 minutes or until the apples have softened a bit.
3) Sprinkle over the flour and cook for one more minute.
4) Let the mixture cool completely.
5) Unfold each sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured board and roll it out so its about an inch bigger on all sides.
6) Cut each piece into 4 squares, place a dollop of the apple mixture in the center of each one, brush all the edges with the egg wash and seal it in a triangle shape.
7) Place each turnover on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with the egg wash. Sprinkle light with some raw sugar and bake the turnovers for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Drizzle with some caramel sauce if desired.
Report a problem