Cook time minutes
- 2 cups Arugula, washed, dried and trimmed
- 1 Large Head of Endive, washed, dried and trimmed
- ¼ cup Toasted Walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ Anju Pear, washed cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Mild Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 1 ½ Tbsp Champagne Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a small bowl toss together the sliced pear and lemon juice (this is so that the pear doesn’t turn brown)
2) In a separate small bowl whisk together the vinegar, Dijon mustard and extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3) On a large plate arrange the endive spears around the edges creating a border. Toss the spinach with 1 Tbsp of the dressing and place the spinach in the center of the plate with the endive all around. Place the slices of the pear around the spinach and crumble the blue cheese all over both lettuces. Sprinkle with the toasted walnuts and drizzle over the remaining vinaigrette.
If you have never been to a romantic bistro in Paris, you can create your own romantic bistro in you’re very own kitchen and there is no better way to kick off a romantic French meal than with this salad!
Report a problem