Cook time45 minutes
For the garlic:
- 1 Head of Garlic, cloves peeled
- 2 Sprigs of Rosemary, stem removed
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Good Pinch of Coarse Black PepperFor the bread:
- 3 cups of Bread Flour
- 1-1/2 cups of Warm Water
- 1-1/4 tsp of Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Asiago plus 2 Tbsp for the top
1) In a small bowl, mix the warm water with the yeast and sugar, set aside for a few minutes.
2) In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt, add the yeast mixture, mix everything with a wooden spoon and when it starts becoming a little hard to mix, use your hands and just mix everything together long enough to incorporate the flour.
3) Cover with plastic wrap and place it somewhere at room temperature, undisturbed for 18 hours.
4) To make the garlic mixture, mix together the garlic, oil, rosemary and pepper, place them in a small baking dish (itís important the dish is just big enough to hold everything but not too big or it will burn) and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
5) Once the garlic is ready, youíre ready to bake the bread. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and place a dutch oven in the oven to preheat as well.
6) Scrape the dough out onto a floured surface using a dough scraper, scatter the garlic and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese all over the surface and mix it in the dough.
7) Pull the dough together into a ball (it will be soft so be gentle) place the bread in the hot dutch oven, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top along with any of the remaining garlic oil.
8) Cover the dutch oven, bake the bread for 30 minutes, then remove the lid and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes, allow to cool before serving.
Report a problem