Cook time15 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
Beer Batter and Fish:
- 1 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp of Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Dried Parsley
- 1 to 1/2 cups of Beer of choice
- 1-1/2 lb of Fish, such as cod, halibut or tilapia (or a combo of all 3), cut into strips
- 1/2 red Cabbage, very thinly sliced
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- Drizzle (about a tsp) of Honey
- 1/3 cup of Mayo
- 1/3 cup of Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp of Chipotle in Adobo, just the sauce from the can or one pepper finely chopped
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced
- Squeeze of Lime
- Pinch of Salt
- Toasted Tortillas of choice
- Frying oil
1) Add oil to deep bottomed pan (about 1/3 of the pot) bring to temperature around 375 degrees.
2) Make the slaw by tossing together the cabbage, lime, honey, salt and cilantro, set aside and then make the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients into a bowl, whisk and set aside.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour with the spices, slowly start adding the beer until you reach a pancake batter like consistency, dip each piece of fish into the batter, add to the hot oil and fry until deeply golden brown and crispy, place on a paper towel lined plate and continue with the rest of the fish.
4) Serve in a toasted tortilla with the slaw and magic sauce!
Report a problem