Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- 3/4 of a Loaf of Cinnamon Raisin Bread, preferably homemade and sliced into 1/4” slices
- 2 cup of Whole Milk
- 3/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp of Ground CinnamonFor the Topping:
- ¼ cup of Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup of Granulated Sugar
- 4 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp of Cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp of Cold Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ cup of Chopped Walnuts
1) Butter a casserole dish big enough to fit your bread kind of snugly, set aside.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, heavy cream, eggs, cinnamon, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
3) Pour the custard mixture over the bread slices, cover with aluminum foil and set it in the fridge for about 3 hours or overnight.
4) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5) In a bowl, add both kinds of sugar, the flour, and butter. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter in the sugar mixture until it’s in smaller pieces, toss in the walnuts and stir everything together to combine.
6) Sprinkle the streusel topping all over the surface of the french toast, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 45 minutes to an hour or until puffed and golden brown on top.
7) Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Report a problem