Cook time minutes
- 1 lb of Cooked and Cooled Rigatoni or Penne Pasta (make sure its cooked al dente and not mushy)
- ½ cup Whole Milk Ricotta
- 4 oz Provolone Cheese, cut in small cubes
- 4 oz Soppressata Salami, cut in small cubes
- 8 oz Mozzarella, cut in small cubes
- 1 cup Parmiggino Reggiano
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Basil
- 4 cups Already-Made Meat Sauce ( same meat sauce that I made for my lasagna video, so if you would like to make you own check out my lasagna video)
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) Ladle 1 cup of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 13 by 9’ deep dish casserole dish, and spread evenly.
3) In a really large bowl mix together the pasta, meat sauce, ricotta, provolone, sopressata, hard boiled eggs, ¼ cup of parmiggiano, half of the mozzarella and the fresh basil.
4) Toss everything together to combine well. Tumble this mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
5) Sprinkle the top very evenly and generously with the remaining parmiggiano cheese, and the remaining mozzarella. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crusty!
6) Now this is how you make pasta al forno! Made this way for generations and I would not change a thing about it! It is the taste of my childhood. I know this might look a little oddly to you but I promise you it works! Just make it once and find out!
Report a problem