Cook time30 minutes
For the blondies:
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Medium Ripe Banana, mashed (or ½ cup of mashed bananas)
- 1-1/4 cups of all Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of SaltFor the frosting:
- 1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Milk
- 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat your oven to 350F, line an 8 by 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, spray with some non-stick spray and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, using a spatula, combine the butter and both kinds of sugar, then add the mashed banana, vanilla and egg and using a whisk, whisk until well combined.
3) Add the flour, baking powder and salt, incorporate with a spatula, pour mixture into your prepared pan, pop it in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done, allow to cool.
4) To make the frosting, add the butter to a small saucepan, allow to brown and turn a lovely amber color over medium heat, then add the milk and brown sugar, bring to a boil, let it cook just for a minute or so, remove from the heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
5) Pour the cooled butter and sugar mixture into a large bowl along with the powdered sugar and vanilla, mix to combine then pour over the cooled blondie base, let them set for a few hours before cutting and serving.