Cook time10 minutes
- 2/3 tsp of Yeast
- 2 3/4 cups of Cake Flour
- 4 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/3 cup of Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs Separated
- 1-1/2 cups of Warm Milk warmed to about 115 degrees Fahrenheit
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1) To the milk, sprinkle in about 1 tsp of sugar and the yeast, allow the yeast to proof for about 3 to 4 minutes.
2) In a bowl, using a hand held whisk, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form, set aside.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk mixture, vanilla, egg yolks, butter and remaining sugar, add the flour and salt and mix just long enough to incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet.
4) Fold in the egg whites gently and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow it to rest for about an hour.
NOTE: you can make this batter the night before, simply cover with plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge overnight.The batter will slowly rise in the fridge overnight and ready to be turned into waffles in the morning!
5) Preheat your waffle maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Brush the waffle iron with a little butter or spray it with some cooking spray. Ladle in some of the batter (check the instructions of your waffle iron to know exactly how much batter to add) and cook them until golden brown.
6) Serve them with some fresh berries and powdered sugar or some warm maple syrup!
Report a problem