Cook time20 minutes
ServingsMakes a Dozen
For the Crepes:
- 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Whole Milk
- 4 Tbsp of Melted ButterFor the Filling:
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 4 of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup of Confectioners Sugar
- Zest and Juice of 1/2 of a LemonFor the Topping:
- 2 cups of Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- Zest and Juice of ˝ of an orange
- 2 tsp of Cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp of water
1) In a blender, add all of the ingredients for the crepe batter, blend until really smooth, pour into a bowl and set aside for about 15 minutes.
2) Using a 9 inch non-stick pan, take a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter, add it to the hot skillet and immediately swirl the pan to coat the bottom with the batter, cook for about 30 seconds on each side and then set it aside and continue with the rest of the batter. Watch the video to see how I make the crepes because it explains in better detail.
3) To make the berry sauce, in a saucepan, add the frozen berries, sugar, orange zest and juice and cook on medium heat until the berries thaw, and juices are bubbly, then add the cornstarch slurry and cook for one more minute, set aside to cool.
4) To make the filling, using a hand held electric whisk, cream together the softened cream cheese with the sugar, lemon zest and juice and vanilla, fold in the whipped cream and set that aside as well until you’re ready to assemble.
5) To serve, add a spoonful of the filling in each crepe, roll like a cigar, top with some of the berry sauce and a sprig of mint and dig in!
NOTE: The crepe batter will make a lot of crepes and the filling and topping is for only half of the amount of crepe batter so if you are planning to make the full batter worth of crepes, double the filling and topping ingredients!
Report a problem