Cook time minutes
- 4 cups of Fresh Strawberries, hauled, leave them whole or halve them if they are very big
- 1 cup of Blueberries
- 1 cup of Raspberries
- 1 cup of Blackberries
- ½ cup of Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tbsp of Corn Starch
- Zest of one Orange
- Juice of one Orange
- 1/3 cup of Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup of Old Fashion Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup of Slivered Almonds
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- ½ tsp of Baking Powder
- ½ cup of Unsalted Butter, cold and cut into chunks
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, toss together the berries, orange juice, orange zest, and cornstarch. Pour the berries in a casserole dish big enough to hold all the berries plus the topping, set aside.
3) In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, almonds, salt and baking powder, mix to combine.
4) Add the butter and either with your fingers or a pastry cutter, mix the butter in the flour mixture until its all incorporated and the butter is now the size of peas.
5) Scatter this mixture on top of the berries and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the bottom is bubbly.
6) Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Report a problem