Cook time minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10
- 4 cups of Mixed Berries, washed, dried and strawberries sliced
- 1-1/2 cups of Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup of Lemon Curd
- 1/4 cup of Confectioner Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Strawberry Jam
- Juice of 1 Orange
- 1/2 Vanilla Extract
- 1 Loaf of Pound Cake, homemade or storebought, sliced
1) Melt the orange juice and strawberry jam together in a small saucepan until the mixture becomes runny, set aside.
2) Whisk the heavy cream with the confectioner sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form, fold in the lemon curd and set aside.
3) To assemble your trifle, start with a layer of pound cake (cut the slices to fit) brush some of the jam mixture all over, the surface of the pound cake, smear some of the whipped lemon curd mixture over that and scatter some of the berries in a single layer.
4) Repeat the same process until you fill your trifle bowl completely and the top layer is all fruit.
5) Cover with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge for a couple hours minimum.