Cook time15 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup of Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup of Buttermilk (if batter is too thick add another 1/4 cup)
- 4oz of Milk Bakers Chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, line a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
2) In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, take 1/4 cup of it and add it to a separate bowl along with the chocolate and stir to make sure the chocolate is coated in the flour, set aside.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar for one minute, then add the butter, oil and vanilla and whisk until incorporated, add the dry ingredients and buttermilk, whisk just until the flour is incorporated then add the flour and chocolate mixture and fold to combine.
4) Using a large ice cream scoop, divide the batter among the muffin liners, sprinkle with a tiny bit of sugar then bake for 5 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350 and bake for 10 minutes (do not overbake them or they will be dry) . Allow to cool slightly before serving.
NOTE: I don't prefer my muffins very browned so I only bake them for 5 minutes at 425 but if you prefer a higher domed muffin with a bit more color, bake for 8 minutes at 425 and 7 minutes at 350. Depending on how much you fill them (I fill them pretty much all the way) you will end up with 12-16 muffins.
Report a problem