Cook time30 minutes
- 1 lb of Button or Cremini Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of Breadcrumbs
- 2 Shallots, finely minced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Freshly Grated Parm
- 1 to 2 oz of Grated Sharp Provolone
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Clean the mushrooms well with a damp towel, remove the stem, set it aside, then using a small teaspoon remove the gills and discard. Chop the stems until very finely chopped.
2) In a small skillet, add the olive oil, preheat over medium high heat, then add shallots and garlic, add chopped stems, season lightly with some salt and saute for a few minutes or until they cook down, remove from the heat, add the cream cheese and parsley, mix together well to melt the cream cheese then set aside to cool slightly.
3) In a bowl, add the breadcrumbs, cooked shallot mixture, both cheeses, salt and pepper, mix to combine then stuff each mushroom with the mixture, place them on a baking dish, drizzle some oil over the top and a bit more parm, then pop them in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until deeply golden brown.
Report a problem