Cook time25 minutes
ServingsServes 8 as a side
- 1 cup of Bulgur
- 2 Bunches of Parsley, trimmed, stems removed
- Handful of Fresh Mint
- 1 Roma Tomato, seeded and very finely diced
- 1 bunch of Scallions, trimmed of the top 2" and finely chopped
- 3/4 of a Seedless Cucumber, peeled and very finely diced
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of Sumac
- Salt, to taste
1) In a saucepan, add the bulgur and 1 3/4 cup of water, bring to a boil, cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, remove from the heat and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
2) Add the parsley and mint to a food processor, process until very very finely chopped (this is not the time for chunky herbs) then add them to a bowl, along with the cucumber, tomato, scallions, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and sumac, stir and let it sit for 10 minutes.
3) Add the bulgur to the veggie mixture, stir together well (do this with a fork to keep the bulger fluffy) taste, adjust for seasoning (you might need more salt and lemon) , cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Report a problem