Cook time40 minutes
ServingsServes 6 to 8
For the Filling:
- 6 cups of Fresh Blackberries
- ⅓ cup of Vanilla Sugar or Granulated sugar plus ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp of CornStarch
- Zest of ½ orangeFor the Crumble Topping:
- 1-1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Vanilla Sugar (or regular granulated sugar plus ½ tsp of vanilla)
- ⅔ cup of Unsalted butter, cold and cut into little pieces
- ¼ cup of Raw Sugar
- ½ tsp of Baking Powder
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
1) Lightly Grease a large baking dish, place it on a baking sheet (to catch any juices in case the berries bubble over) and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, toss together the blackberries with the granulated sugar, cornstarch and orange zest, add them to the baking dish and set aside.
3) In a large bowl, stir together the brown sugar, vanilla sugar, flour and baking powder, add the butter and either using a pastry cutter or a fork, break the butter into the flour mixture until its evenly distributed amongst the dry mixture.
4) Scatter the mixture evenly on top of the blackberry mixture, sprinkle the raw sugar all over the top and pop it in the oven to bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the its golden brown.
5) Allow to cool a bit before serving.
Report a problem