Cook time40 minutes
For the Crust:
- 2-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of cold unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 3 Egg Yolks
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup or so of Ice water
- 3 cups of Blackberries
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Flour
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp (or more) of ground Cardamom
- Splash of Vanilla
- Egg Wash (one egg beaten with a splash of milk)
- Sprinkle of Granulated Sugar
1) In a food processor add the flour, sugar, salt and butter. Pulse until the butter is evenly distributed in small pieces throughout the dry ingredients.
2) Add the egg yolks, lemon zest, vanilla and couple tablespoons of water. Pulse until the dough starts to come together and drizzle in additional flour until a dough forms.
3) Divide the dough in half, form into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap and pop in the fridge for an hour.
4) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
5) Take one of the disks of dough (take it out of the fridge 10 minutes before rolling) roll into a large circle on a floured surface, then place it on the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
6) In a large bowl, toss together all the ingredients for the filling, then place the filling the center of the crust, carefully fold the sides on the filling (watch video for clear instructions) cutting off any excess dough.
7) Brush the sides of the crust with the egg wash, sprinkle with a little sugar and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until deeply golden brown, let cool before serving!
Report a problem